Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Beautiful Feet, 100% Guaranteed!

“How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"” Isaiah 52:7 NIV

“And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"” Romans 10:15 NIV

Beautiful feet.  I want beautiful feet, don’t you?  

In both the old and new testaments, we are told how to have beautiful feet…we must spread the good news…which is convenient because Jesus commissioned us to go and do just that!

“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” Matthew 28:19 NIV

It’s that simply.  We go, share our faith (the good news) and our feet are beautiful.  There are no ifs, ands or buts about it. 

It’s not like when we watch an infomercial on an eye cream that will decrease eye wrinkles, thereby making us beautiful.  “All” we have to do is buy it, use for a specified amount of time and we may POSSIBLY see results that may, or may not, make us look and feel more beautiful.

No, the word of God promises us that if we will go and share the good news our feet WILL BE BEAUTIFUL, that’s a 100% guaranteed promise!  

What a great advertisement!  



There is no eye cream out there with that type of warranty.  If there were, there would be miles of people lining up.  

So what if the solution to beautiful feet was an infomercial?  Would you jump at the chance to make your feet beautiful?  

I would.   

So why don’t I?  

I’m looking at my feet now (not my physical feet, but my spiritual), they don’t seem very beautiful.  In all honesty, I can’t remember the last time I really “spread the good news”, I certainly haven’t made any disciples lately.  

Oh, I share a little here and there, enough to ease my conscious.  I tell myself that I share my faith on my blog, that I invite friends who are not believers to church, that I tell people I will pray for them(and I really do pray)…but I’m not sure that is the same as “sharing the good news”.  

I think those are important things Believers are called to do, but I feel God telling me it isn’t the same. 
We have all heard the analogy of “what if a person had the cure for cancer but didn’t tell people” applied to Christians not sharing their faith with a lost and dying world.  

So why don’t we speak louder?  Why don’t we share the good news? 

Perhaps it is just me whose feet could stand to do a little more walking, a little more sharing, but I have a feeling I am not the only one with less than beautiful feet.  



How about you?  How do your feet look? 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment