Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ascent from Darkness: How Satan's Soldier Became God's Warrior

I just finished reading, “Ascent from Darkness:  How Satan’s Soldier Became God’s Warrior” by Michael Leehan.  When I was given the opportunity, through Booksneeze, to read this complimentary book I was unsure if should.  However, after praying, I decided to read it and I am so incredibly glad that I did!

I must admit, this is not a normal read for me.  Honestly, it took me out of my comfort zone in its directness and insight into the world of Satanism.  This book opened my eyes to the spiritual warfare taking place all around us.  What I found equally as shocking as the battle for Michaels' soul, was the fact that he lives in the heart of America.  If evil can abound in the midst of what most know as the Bible Belt, Oklahoma, then evil is everywhere.  It is right next to you and right next to me.  The only thing stopping a massive tipping of the scales towards evil is Jesus Christ.  

Michael captures the reader’s attention with his openness and honesty tempered with humility and regret.  He does not glamorize his years of sin or mask the pain he felt while struggling to overcome a lifetime of depression and repression.  The account of the events that transpired in the time leading up to Michael’s acceptance of Salvation is touching.  The struggle he endured while seeking truth, yet running from it, moves the reader beyond what mere words can describe.  

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for an understanding of the depths Satan will go to deceive people.  It is a book for anyone seeking truth, a book for anyone needing to know how far Christ will go to save a lost soul!  Spiritual warfare is real and Michael’s testimony is proof that both angels and demons are all around us.

For more information on how this book has inspired me please see my post titled, "Shadows of Truth"  http://tcavey.blogspot.com/2011/10/shadows-of-truth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment