Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, April 9, 2012

Lucky Seven Meme

A few weeks back I was tagged by Creepy Query Girl, http://creepyquerygirl.blogspot.com/2012/03/lucky-sevens.html
to participate in Lucky Sevens.  I don’t know much about this, but I was “lucky” to have been selected.  Since my usual posts are so serious, I thought this would be a nice change of pace for a Monday. First here are the directions for Lucky Sevens:

1.  Go to page 77 of your current Manuscript
2.  Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines- sentences or paragraphs- and post them as they're written. No Cheating.
4.  Tag 7 authors
5.  Let them know

I wish I had 7 Authors to tag, but sadly I am not sure I know 7 individuals who are writers and/or are able to participate due to various reasons (upcoming book deals for a few!)
Since I don’t have 7 people to tag, I am tagging you all.  If you are a writer and would like participate I encourage you to do this as it is a way to share part of your work (though it can be scary) and it is fun (if you don’t have 77 pages, go to page 7 and follow the directions). 
Now that’s out of the way, here is my 7’s, it has not be edited and is a little rough (sorry it’s not a more exciting part…I was tempted to cheat). 
                                                      
“I watch her because my mother played the flute, it reminds me of her.”  His voice held a far away haunted sound.  A pain too deep to put into words.  I didn’t say anything else.  What was there to say, his mother was dead just like mine.  Not a topic of conversation either of us enjoyed.

“Her father knows I do not like her.  I assured him it was only the memories that make me seek her out.  She is so like my mother and my little sister Abby.  They were gentle, soft spoken… like her.”  The haunted sound remained as he spoke words I knew he rarely said aloud.  Like me, he had a little sister who died.  I wondered if she was biological or adopted, not that it really mattered. 

There it is, my 7’s! Sorry again it’s not very exciting. I hope you enjoyed it.  I encourage you, if you are able, 

to carry this on and tag others.  Have a wonderful Monday and God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment