Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

"I Deserve a Donut": Book Review of a GOD-help book (NOT a self-help book)



I’m thrilled to bring you, “I Deserve A Donut: And Other Lies That Make You Eat” by Barb Raveling

This book can revolutionize your life with its practical application of God’s Word to ALL areas of your life- not just eating!

The Bible tells us in Romans 12:2:And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind” 

But what does renewing your mind mean? How can it be done?

Barb quickly shows you how easy it is to take any situation and view it through the eyes of God.
This helps free you from the habits and lies you’ve believed for years.

I use her questions for all sorts of things: Worry, Perfectionism, Procrastination, Justification, and so on.

Just the other day I was struggling with worry. I opened her book and turned to the section on WORRY. Her questions helped me name the things I fear happening, realize how I was trying to control it and then see what God’s Word had to say. Her book showed me how my priorities were different than God’s and calmed my spirit as I renewed my mind with the fact that God is worthy of my trust. 

This isn’t a self-help book- it’s a GOD-help book

It isn’t exclusively an eating book either- It’s a tool that will help transform your mind and can be applied to so many things besides eating (though it’s an exceptional help with any type of eating struggle you may face- from emotional eating to boredom eating, her book covers it).

There were eating issues I didn’t even realize I had until I read her book.

 I hadn’t realized my need for control extended all the way to my eating. This book is helping me uncover inner struggles I’ve had for years and break free from the bondage satan placed upon my life. 

I honestly can’t thank her enough for publishing this. It’s a great asset to any Christian library and is meant to be read more than once.

I HIGHLY encourage you to pick up a copy and read it. You can purchase it on Amazon here

DISCLAIMER- I did not have to give Barb a good review of this book and I didn’t. I gave an honest review from a life changed by her words of Godly wisdom.





No comments:

Post a Comment