Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

40 Days of Prayer



If you get my monthly Newsletter, you’ve already heard about the 40 Days of Prayer soon to take place for our nation. If not, then here’s the info! (by the way, why haven’t you signed up? It’s free, it’s easy and it’s a way to learn information you’re not likely to hear in main stream media- cheeky grin from me).
 
We all know a presidential election is coming up. 

What a great opportunity to not only cast your vote, but also to pray for our nation and our leaders.

I’m not here to tell you who to vote for. That is an individual decision between you and God. 

Each of us is accountable for the things we do and don’t do in this life…voting is no exception.

I pray you allow the Holy Spirit to reveal the candidate to vote for. That you are educated and not swayed by popular opinion, family, friends or media coverage. 

The reason for this post is to encourage you to join the 40 Days of Prayer occurring for our nation (click on the link for more info). It begins Sept 28, 2012 and goes straight up to the election (Nov. 6, 2012).

Individuals and groups are joining together to pray for our nation and our leaders. Even church groups are joining. This isn’t politics, this is Christian responsibility. 

This is a very Biblical thing to do.

2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV was written to Christians, IF my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, THEN will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (emphasis mine)

I can think of no better time to unite in prayer as we humble ourselves before our creator and seek healing for our land and forgiveness of our sins. 

Nations sin- read the Old Testament. America is no different. 

America needs God’s healing, His forgiveness and His leadership. Let’s do our part of the equation (IF…Then)!

Remember, “From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.” Luke 12:48B NIV

As a nation, we have been given much and entrusted with more than most dream possible. Therefore, we have a duty to protect it.

I can think of no better way to protect our nation than seeking God’s hand. Can you?

As Abraham Lincoln said, “I've been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go.”
 
God heard Lincoln’s prayers and healed our severed nation then (Civil War). He will hear our prayers now.

I have no better place to go than to my knees.

What about you?

FYI, if you twitter, use the hashtag #ifmypeople2012

Praise Report!
Iranian Pastor Youcef was been released from prison after 3 years incarceration for Apostasy. Read of his release here.   Prayers do work! For more information on this courageous man check out these three previous blog posts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment