Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Saturday, July 30, 2011

More and Less

“For we are glad when we are weak and you are strong….” 2 Corinthians 13:9a

“[F]or I do not seek yours, but you.  For the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.  And I will very gladly spend and be spent for your souls; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved.”  2 Corinthians 12:14b-15

While Paul was speaking to the church in Corinth, these words ring true about our relationship with God today.  He doesn’t seek our belongings, but us.  He willingly and gladly bore our sin, becoming ‘weak’ that we may be ‘strong’ when we allow Him into our lives.  God is the ultimate parent, laying up for His children.  Sadly the more He loves us, the less it seems He is loved.  We can never repay God, but like a good Father He doesn’t want a payment, just love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment