Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, December 15, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year



For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 NIV (emphasis mine)

As we rush toward Christmas and a New Year, I pray the marvel of a loving God sending His only son to die for ALL your mistakes, sins and every indulgence of your flesh grips your heart and changes your life.

I pray your soul resonates with this passage:

“For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. Deu 10:17 NIV

I pray you truly know Him as your Lord, God, and Savior. 

Don’t just know OF Him, but know HIM. 

I know of several Hollywood celebrities, but I don’t personally KNOW them. I can’t call them. I don’t email them and I certainly don’t celebrate birthdays with them. I’m not invited to important events in their lives and they don’t care to come to mine.  We don’t know each other, no matter how many facts I know about them. I don’t know them. 

This same analogy applies to God.

Please, don’t let another Christmas go by without KNOWING who Christ is. Without allowing Him fully into your life. 

He’s mighty. He’s awesome. 

He shows no partiality—so it doesn’t matter how awesome you are. Likewise, it doesn’t matter how “bad” you are. We’re all equal in His eyes. That makes me want to sing JOY TO THE WORLD!

Also, we can’t bribe Him—good news for poor people (me). 

He’s done the work for us. 

He sent His son, Jesus.

Jesus died for EVERY sin then rose from the grave, conquering sin and death. 

All you have to do is believe.

That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 NKJV

That’s all there is to it.

Please dear reader, take these verses to heart and let them transform your life. 

A New Year is coming…but no one is promised tomorrow.

So while you can, embrace the gift of God this Christmas. 

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.  And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 NIV (emphasis mine)

Merry Christmas and Blessings from God this New Year.

I’ll be back January 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment