Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, September 16, 2013

The JOY Before Him...



I’ve been thinking a great deal about Heb 12:2, specifically this part, “…for the joy set before him he endured…”

A few weeks ago Floyd posted Riding out the Storm. That prompted a few bloggers to write on that same subject (way to go Floyd).  

In his comment section I posted, “In Christ, Death has lost its sting. What does that mean for the believer? To me it’s starting to mean that we should live without fear of any kind. It means that persecution (like the kind Christians are facing in Egypt right now) can be faced with joy knowing that death is only the doorway to more life. (emphasis added)

Going back to Heb 12:2, Jesus knew what was on the other side of His painful death- LIFE! Life in heaven with God!

Knowing that, He was able to endure the cross.

Did you get that… on the other side of death, is life

That should give us boldness to Live FULLY for Christ. We can have JOY, knowing we overcome death!

But there’s more to this scripture that can comfort us in trials and provide inconceivable joy. 

It wasn’t simply for LIFE after DEATH that Christ endured the cross with JOY, it was for YOU and for ME!

Heaven wasn’t His only reward for dying- WE ARE!

We are His JOY!

He endured all that pain so that someday, when we die, He will get to spend eternity with us!

He loves us that much!

While we view the death of a loved one with sorrow, it’s a WELCOME HOME party in heaven!

He’s happy to see us.

That’s awesome, but there’s more…

As I’ve pondered “…the joy set before Him…” I realized something.

I LOVE my son beyond all human logic.

I would do ANYTHING to keep him safe…even die (God willing I will never have to follow through with these words).

Even if tomorrow my son renounced me. Even he was the one who wanted me dead, I would do it.

In a heartbeat.

I LOVE him that much.

Knowing he was safe would settle my spirit and give me courage to endure the pain of death. The “joy before me” would be HIM.  His life, his safety, would prompt me to give everything.

It’s the same with God. He gave EVERYTHING so we could be safe from the consequences of sin. He had JOY in knowing He was providing for our future. 

Am I making myself clear?

I hope so.

I pray this grips you. That you really understand the depths of the LOVE Christ has for you.

Even if you were the only one, I’m confident that Heb 12:2 would still have been written.

You are His JOY.

You are His reason for hanging on the cross.

You are not a burden to Him that He had to overcome in order to LIVE in heaven.

You are His child and He loves you even more recklessly than I love my son. 

Now that’s something to shout about! 

Death is a storm we can overcome with JOY

After all, due to His sacrifice, death is a door that leads to greater life. 

Thanks, Floyd, for inspiring another writer with your post.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 NIV

I don’t know about you, but that scripture gives me JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment