Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, November 4, 2013

Nothing Compares to God's Word



Last week I wrote about God re-training how we hear Him. How He brings us to the valley so we can seek answers for things we never before thought to question. (You can read it here)

Today, I want to assure you that when you hear from God, whatever it is He says to you- WILL HAPPEN!

“It’s impossible for a word to come from God’s mouth and then be inhibited by any other factor, be it demonic resistance, human carnality or unbelief, the laws of nature, etc.”(pg 86).

I can’t tell you how reassuring that is to me right now!

I’m in the process of learning new ways to hear from God, of learning to trust and obey in BIG ways. Recently, God gave me a Word that caused my heart to be bitterly heavy. God was gracious enough to confirm that Word and re-confirm it. Yet, doubts continued to plague me. 

But when I read the above quote from Sorge, I felt elated! My unbelief is no match for God! (please tweet)

We have these assurances- God’s Word will not return void (Isaiah 55:10-11). God values His Word above His name- (Psalm 138:2). That’s pretty encouraging when you think about it, after all, the Bible says that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord (Phil 2:10-11). 

So if God places more value on His Word than He does His awesomely powerful and holy name, then we had better trust that He can accomplish whatever it is He speaks into our lives.

“When God speaks, your faith or cooperation or resistance are irrelevant. When God speaks, everything changes. “(pg 85-86)

I pray that sinks into your soul, that you find hope and courage to GROW through whatever valley God designs for you.  You can’t go around your valley. You have to go through it, but you don’t have to GROW through it. Free Will

Have a blessed week. And remember: Greater is He in me (you) than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4)!

Join the Book club discussing, “The Fire of Delayed Answers” by Bob Sorge, by either grabbing a copy of the book and joining the weekly discussions and/or leaving a comment below. You can read more about this chapter from: Jason, Sarah, Rick, Dusty, Kari, Glynn,  and Joell. (and possibly a few more people- sorry if I left you out. Please let me know so I can add you to the list.)




No comments:

Post a Comment