Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, November 11, 2013

Just Jesus- Nothing More



“True faith doesn’t have a contingency plan.” (pg 89)

OUCH!

I’ve told you before (numerous times and in various ways) I like routine, I like to have “control”, and I tend to worry. 

So the above quote from “The Fire of Delayed Answers” by Bob Sorge smacks me like a 2x4. 

Throughout my life it’s been my tendency to not only have back up plans, but to have back up plans FOR my back up plans! 

Talk about lack of faith. 

At the beginning of 2013 God gave me a word to guide me through this year. That word was DEPENDENCE.

I’m so very grateful God warned me of how hard this year would be, otherwise I’m not sure I’d  be blogging now- I’d have crawled in a hole. 

Each time a new trial would come, I kept remembering God’s promise that this year was to teach me to DEPEND on Him- not my spouse, my mom, my church, my friends, etc

JUST JESUS- NOTHING MORE!(please tweet)

It’s been a rough year. A year of growth in Christ. 

Without this year I’m not sure I would have ever been confronted with certain things that hindered my obeying God.

I’ve come to the point where I can honestly analyze if I am diligently seeking God or simply asking Him to bless my own efforts. The answer to that varies on the day and circumstance. But I’m growing. 

This year has also helped me realize that true faith believes when no answers are to be found. Faith believes the unknown. 

Like Peter when Jesus wanted to wash his feet, I’ve been known to say “no” because I don’t understand. But I’m slowly learning there is no middle ground in serving Christ. There’s no contingency plan. 

“Jesus is basically saying, “If you don’t allow Me to work in dimensions you presently don’t understand, then you have no part with Me.”” (pg 91)

I’ve also been learning what it means to WAIT on God and not take matters into my own hands. Waiting isn’t an excuse to be lazy, apathetic, or indulgent in this world. 

Waiting on God is about being ready for when He says “go”. (Please Tweet). 

So how do we prepare for His command to GO?

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."Matt 26:41 NIV
WATCH and PRAY

It’s that simple and that complex. 

No contingency plans. Just Jesus- Nothing More. Watch and pray.

Join the Book club discussing, “The Fire of Delayed Answers” by Bob Sorge, by either grabbing a copy of the book and joining the weekly discussions and/or leaving a comment below. You can read more about this chapter from: Jason, Sarah, Rick, Dusty, Kari, Glynn,  and Joell. (and possibly a few more people- sorry if I left you out. Please let me know so I can add you to the list.)

No comments:

Post a Comment