Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Notifications


This post is just a reminder of upcoming events.

1)       May 17th (tomorrow) is the 236 year anniversary of when our fledgling nation came together in prayer and fasting to petition God.  This was done upon receiving a proclamation given by the continental congress.  You can read the proclamation here: http://biblescripture.net/Day.html. To help promote this effort we are using #1776prayer on twitter and asking everyone to use their social media resources to get this word out.  America must pray, all nations must pray. We must humble ourselves before God and cling to His promise in 2 Chron 7:14, “IF my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, THEN I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” (emphasis added)

2)      Coming the first Monday in June I am beginning a series on “The Cost of Discipleship” by Dietrich Bonhoeffer.  I hope you will join.  There are many ways to participate.  First you can simply read my Monday posts and make comments if you like. Second, you can purchase the book (it is fairly inexpensive) and read along each Monday and offer additional information in the comments section if you feel led. Third, you can not only read my blog and comment but also do your own blog posts each week to give readers even more info and insight into what God reveals to you.  We can then link up and promote each other’s posts. You can choose to do all the chapters with me or only a few, it’s up to you.  Regardless of what you decide, I hope and pray this series will bless your heart and increase your knowledge of God as you grow closer to Him.  

3)      I want to thank you all for following and participating. This blog exists for you and I pray you are blessed by it. Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to post on, anything I can help you with or any prayer requests. I have a section on the side labeled Prayer Requests if you would like me, and fellow bloggers, to pray for something. As of yet no one has used this option, but it is there for you.  Or you can email me personally if you do not want your requests public.  Thank you again.  I appreciate you all; you challenge me, encouraged me and humble me.  I look forward to serving you!

Finally, let this word penetrate your heart as we look forward to working for the kingdom of God.

“Put me in remembrance; let us contend together; state your case, that you may be acquitted.” Isaiah 43:26 NKJV


No comments:

Post a Comment