Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, January 7, 2013

I Pledge Allegiance To…



Disclaimer: I didn’t want to write this. It might offend people know, however many of my closest friends and family don’t read my blog. So if they do read this post, it’s because God wanted them to hear this message. If you’re one of the people to get offended, I encourage you to take it up with God. Spend time with Him and be open to hearing whatever He has to say.

I Pledge Allegiance To…

The book of Revelation talks about various conditions churches can find themselves in (left their first love, suffering persecution, called to repentance, false prophets in their midst, asleep, patiently enduring/little strength, lukewarm).

Today, I see many of these characteristics manifesting in our churches…I’ve even attended a few with these illnesses. And each time, I wonder how others don’t realize what’s going on. 

Now, NO church is perfect. Churches are filled with humans. ALL churches have room for growth and improvement. HOWEVER, if you’re attending a church that isn’t endeavoring to overcome challenges and seeking God’s correction, YOU might NEED TO LEAVE-consult God.

In the past few years I’ve heard more than a few people give disheartening excuses for why they are attending a church that isn’t experiencing Spiritual Growth. 

Here’s a few of the excuses I’ve heard:

My family’s always gone here.” (Okay, does that mean you have to? Traditions can kill growth). 

We should be loyal while our church goes through a tough time” (meanwhile the church has been in a rut for years and hasn’t begun to address anything…only apply Band-Aids). 

I have friends here, they wouldn’t understand if I leave.” (Who are you pleasing…God or men? Maybe they feel the same but are too scared to make the first move. Be a leader!)

“My kids are really involved here.” (Okay, but are they growing in Christ or just participating in fun events? Also, who’s the parent? If God’s telling you stay for your kids- great! But don’t use them as a crutch for you not making a tough decision. They might be upset at having to move, but if you’re not growing in Christ, how can you lead your family?) 

Now I’m asking you…

How’s the health of your church? 

Are you growing in Christ…Is your family growing?

Is there anything you can do to help your church move forward in Christ? 

Are you using any of the above excuses (or similar excuses) for NOT making a tough decision?

What’s God speaking to you? 

What are you pledging allegiance to…

Man or God?

Traditions or Spiritual Growth?

Religion or Relationship with our Savior?

Comfort or Discipleship?

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters.” Matt 12:30 NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment