Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, January 28, 2013

Praise God...I Make LESS Money!?!



Since the beginning of 2013 you might feel beat up after reading my posts.  I don’t apologize for that; I simply spoke what God laid on my heart. I do however pray you are built up in Christ and not torn down.

Therefore, today I want to encourage you.  But before I do, I have to start with a reality. 

Reality:  The economy is getting worse. If you think it’s getting better you’re only deluding yourself, or listsening to media who's out of touch with reality. 

Now on to some encouraging news: 

My spouse got a raise this year. We were pretty excited. 

Then we got the first check and discovered we now make  LESS each month than what we made last year! 

Seems mind boggling.

 How can someone get a raise and yet make LESS money?

Before you start thinking we must be in the “rich” category and therefore we are paying our “Fair Share”, let me tell you, we are Middle Class. The very Middle Class that wasn’t supposed to be affected by these taxes. The very Middle Class who wasn’t supposed to be affected by raising health care costs. 

We are that Middle Class. 

We live pay check to pay check and on occasion manage to stuff some back for a rainy day. 

We are thrifty and we budget. 

(I bet you’re wondering how this is supposed to be an encouraging post.)

Well…when I saw our new monthly budget my first thought was “Praise God.” 

God is my provider, not the government.

God is my provider, not a company.

God is my provider, PERIOD.

God is your provider too.

Don’t let this economy, the healthcare crisis, the war on everything, distress you. 

We are more than conquerors through Christ (Romans 8:37).

Don’t you know, the very God who clothes the fields each day clothes us (Matt 6:25-34)?

Remember, God warned us trials would happen. We shouldn’t be dismayed when they do (Matt 24 and Mark 13).

 Trust God. He has good things planned for you (Jer 29:11).

You can be overwhelmed by the challenges of life or you can see them as opportunities for God to work.(Click to tweet this)

The perspective is yours.

God doesn’t force himself on you.

To sum it up: The economy is going to keep on stinking.

The silver lining is how you chose to look at it…overwhelmed or victorious in Christ!

Remember: God is your provider!

God bless you all richly with eternal treasures.





No comments:

Post a Comment