Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Get Real!



I hear God saying it’s time for the Body of Christ to “Get Real”. 

Real with ourselves.

How can we pour Christ’s love into the world, if His love is not in us?

Let me explain.

Christians “Say” they love Christ…it’s part of the package. But not many of us truly “LIVE” like we love Him. Our actions don’t match up with our words…and the world sees that.

Why would the world ever want to join the Family of God when we act like “in-laws” who barely tolerate each other? (Don’t get your panties in a wad if you love your in-laws and don’t start thinking I don’t like mine- this is an analogy). 

To be perfectly honest, if I didn’t love Christ and respect His Word that says Christians should fellowship together (Heb 10:25), I’d probably never set foot in another Church.  Why…because I’ve been beat up and tore down more by fellow believers than I have from the world. 

I don’t think Christians mean to do it…I don’t even think they realize they do it. 

But let’s be honest…there are clicks inside churches, divisions, gossip wheels disguised as “prayer requests”, fashion shows, popularity contests, competition between talents, drive for numbers/business formulas, entertainment wars and so on. 

And this can be inside ONE denomination…forget that various denominations think theirs is the “best” and therefore judging others as “less holy”. 

Christians tear each other up!

Why would any sane sinner want to join our ranks? 

So how can we “Get Real”?

I think the Body of Christ needs to start working on self BEFORE it can focus on changing the world. 

“For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God.” 1 Peter 4:17a NIV

Our lights are dim.

Individually we must learn how to shine before collectively we will.

“In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” Matt 5:16 NIV

In Chapter 7 of “The Cost of Discipleship” series we looked at how each individual becomes “light” when we accept Christ as Savior. We also discussed how to get our lights to shine…fix our eyes SOLELY on Him. Don’t worry about what others are doing. Do what the Bible says and you shine bright.

But we often chose to cover our lights. We may not even realize it, but each time we skip reading God’s word, nod off during prayers, or look the other way when someone is hurting, we are covering up our lights. 

God is our electric source…our lights don’t shine well without being plugged in to Him. 

You want your light to shine?

Good. So does God.

Time to “Get Real”. 

Do the hard work.

Be radical…obey God’s word…even if no one does it with you.

"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters.” Matt 12:30 NIV

Following Christ is individual. You can’t change how others act…but you can change how you act.

The choice is yours.

Are you ready to “Get Real”? 

I am. I'm going to start by letting God's love pour into me so I can pour it into the world. 

"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:35 NIV

Questions: 
Do you really love God? What are your actions? How's your fruit look? 

Disclaimer: This is not a post meant to berate Churches. I attend a Spirit filled Church with a Pastor who has a true servants heart.  However, as a whole, it's time the Church GETS REAL. 
Time to change our name or change our actions!

No comments:

Post a Comment