Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm Guest Posting Today. But here is information on Upcoming Events!


As promised, a winner was randomly selected to win the book “How Do you Kill 11 Million People?” by Andy Andrews.  And the winner is:  Heather Day Gilbert!  Heather please email me your address and the book will be on its way! I hope you enjoy it.  

Today’s post is a follow up to last week’s Harry Potter Character Cast on Voice of a Patriot, please hop over to participate,  http://voiceofapatriot.com/?p=151

  Also, if you are interested in knowing more about any of the people I chose for certain roles, please indicate that in the comments section and  I will work on future posts expounding on those people (this is in reference to real people and not any HP actors/characters). 

Further news:  

I want to give you a heads up on some projects I am hoping to share this summer. 

1.       For starters, I would like to do something like a Sunday School Bible Study. 
Beginning in June, each Monday I want to post on a chapter from the book, “The Cost of Discipleship” by Dietrich Bonhoeffer and I hope you will join.  You do not have to purchase the book, you can simply continue to read my posts and make comments as usual.  But I invite you to not only purchases the book and add to the conversation on my blog, but to also post on your own blog whatever God revealed to you while reading that chapter.  

I think it will be enlightening.  When reading, God reveals different things to each of us, He imparts revelations that we must share with others.  What I take from the chapter, may or may not be what God directs you to share.  

I recently finished reading this book.  Continually I was blown away by the Spiritual truths and God laid it on my heart to share it with you. I think June will give you plenty of time to purchase the book if you chose to do so.  It is not an extremely costly book. I purchased my new copy for around $14, but I have seen used ones go for less than $10.  I know there are different publishers to this book and I really don’t know the difference, but mine is from the publisher Touchstone Books Simon & Schuster.  

There are 32 chapters, but some are extremely short, so I will combine them.

Please let me know if you think you are interested in posting from this book as well. It is a big commitment and I understand if time doesn’t permit. Pray about it and see how God directs you. If you do chose to do it, we can coordinate chapters and post links to each other’s sites.  

2.   I am working on featuring guest posts (thank you Kimanzi for being my first guest, I am honored you wanted to be a part of my blog). If you would be interested in guest posting please email me at tnc.avey@gmail.com.  I only ask that your posts be less than 800 words and centered either on religion, current events, history and/or politics and spoken in respectful love.

Looking forward to this summer. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment