Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Hope Light Brings


I recently posted a blog on the gangrene eating at our nation, http://tcavey.blogspot.com/2012/03/smell-of-indifference.html   

While that was a nasty and really gross topic, it had to be said.  The truth must be heard!  Ignoring problems will not make them go away.

But truth doesn’t always have to be bad.

In fact, I have a renewed hope springing inside that our country is not lost.  

Satan wants us to feel that it is lost, to give up, to not fight.  Satan wants us to be indifferent.  He also wants us to believe the lie that we can’t change the world.  

He is partially correct, we can’t change the world…but we can influence our part of the world.

God has placed you and me strategically where we are.  You and I are “little Christ” to those around us.  The term Christian means “Christ like”.  So we need to live like Christ to those around us and then watch the change HE can make in this world.

 “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” Matt 5:14-16 NIV

He is the light inside of us. All we have to do is allow Him to shine!  He will do the work, if we are a willing vessel.

I said I have renewed hope.

That is because as I look around this world, I don’t see only the bad.  

I see God’s people shining their lights!  

I read blog after blog of Christians proclaiming God’s messages of hope, peace, restoration, love, forgiveness and power!

I hear testimony after testimony of what God is doing in countless lives around the globe!

I witness God working in my own life and the lives around me!

GOD IS NOT DEAD- HE IS ALIVE AND WORKING!

He is the Great I AM! 

Are you allowing Him to work in and through you? If not, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment