Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, March 26, 2012

Epiphany: Have You Had One Lately?

Epiphany- a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.  
(Dictionary.com)

So I had an epiphany (I love that word- always have)!  

Anyway, back to my epiphany. I was doing a mundane chore around the house when it hit me and I laughed out loud. 

I LOVE MY LIFE!  I LOVE WHAT I DO AND WHO I AM- I HAVE PURPOSE AND PASSION!

While this doesn’t sound like much of an epiphany…for me, it is.  

You see, all my life I have struggled with wanting more, accomplishing more and doing more.  I had never been truly satisfied with anything; I’d always been striving for perfection, for something just out of reach. 
So this epiphany was like a weight lifted.  I’ll tell you how it happened:

I was doing my “chore” when words from my past hit like a ton of bricks.

“That life is fine for her, but I want something more.  I want God to use me for something more.  Seems like a waste of talent, like she is settling.”  

I had bought into the lie the world likes to feed:  money + status = success + happiness. 

I chased that dream tirelessly.  Two college degrees with countless hours working around the clock and I had little satisfaction (or money) to show.  

It’s funny how you can run after something for so long only to end up where you began.  Sort of like a dog chasing its tail.  

That is how I would describe the majority of my life- I was chasing my tail when right in front of me was the answer I was looking for and Satan knew it!  He used every trick in the book to make the life God intended for me look unappealing.  

God knew that.  He knew how stubborn, prideful and strong willed I was (am)- He created me.  He knew my hopes and dreams, He knew my fears and weaknesses and He knew some things I had to learn the hard way, so He allowed Satan to fool me…for a time! 

While I was chasing my tail, He was orchestrating my future.  He was teaching me lessons along the way and He was watching over me as I fumbled in the darkness instead of walking in His light. 

Fifteen years ago I never could have imagined my life where it is now.  If I had seen it, I wouldn’t have believed I was content let alone HAPPY.  But I am.  It took a while to get here, but I am finally home.

I pray you find your God given passion.  It may not be in the package you are looking for- but God knows what you need.  Simply take your eyes off the world and place them on Christ and be amazed at how He re-centers your internal compass towards the true north.  And remember, just because you are a Christian doesn’t mean you are following the life God has planned for you.  I have been a Christian for over half my life but Satan deceived me into believing I WAS following God because I was doing GOOD things.  Please don’t be fooled into settling for less than God’s best.  You must take time to listen to Him over the noise of the world.

God bless you in your daily endeavors.  

“For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

SIDE NOTE:  March 27, 2012 see this Live One Night Event at a Theater near you!
 http://tcavey.blogspot.com/2012/03/monumental-in-search-of-americas.html

No comments:

Post a Comment