Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, December 9, 2013

Escaping in the Word- Guest Post, come find me please :)

Hi everyone,

I've been gone a few weeks and had a wonderful time with family. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving as well. So much to be thankful for, when we stop and count our blessings.

If you didn't get a chance to read my Dec Newsletter let me know and I'll send it to you. Rick Dawson was the Featured Blogger and did a wonderful job. There was also a great list of Gift Ideas provided and a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT from me about my upcoming book.

Friday I had the honor of Guest posting for Dan Erickson. It's a post on why I write.
Here's part of the post: 

Escaping in the Word

I grew up in a family that didn’t talk about feelings. Our solution for problem solving was to ignore issues and pretend life was fine.

Writing became my emotional outlet, a way to get all the feelings out, so I too could pretend life was fine.

My journal was also an escape for me, the only place I could be ME.

I could write on paper what I could never say aloud.

Click here to read more

Next week I'll be back to posting on the book "The Fire of Delayed Answers" with the Book Club.  

No comments:

Post a Comment