Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, June 24, 2013

You BELIEVE What?



You’ve probably heard it said, “You’ve got to know, that you know, that you know” regarding your salvation (or at least some variation of that phrase).

One Sunday God revealed how imperative it is for believers to KNOW the Word of God inside and out! Now, I’ve always had this knowledge, but how God related it to me at this time gave it a whole new meaning.

I don’t want to bore you with medical talk or scare you either, but this is how God helped me understand how critical it is to KNOW His Word:

All nurses and doctors have CPR training… YET not all have actually USED this knowledge. In an emergency, not everyone trained and certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation can adequately perform it. That’s why you don’t just take the class once. You must recert every so often and depending on what area of medicine you work, there are various drills to help you stay sharp in this vital, life saving technique.  And those who actually use CPR on a regular basis can tell if someone isn’t comfortable performing it and/or are not adequately providing care to the patient.

God showed me that His Word is like CPR training. 

Knowing it is vital!

If I should ever need CPR performed on me, or a loved one, I pray the person(s) performing it KNOW what they’re doing and aren’t just giving it “their best shot”. 

The world needs Christian’s to KNOW the Word of God and not just “give it our best shot”. 

How many times have you heard someone say (or you’ve said it yourself) that someone is misquoting/using the Word of God?

That’s great that YOU realize that…but how many ignorant people don’t realize it? How many are being lead astray by those who intentionally, or not, misrepresent the Word of God?

How do you know that YOU are NOT being lead astray if you don’t know what the Word of God says?

You can’t take someone else’s word for what the Bible says…you MUST read God’s Word YOURSELF!

You’ve got to know what you believe and why you believe it! (Please Tweet

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 1 Tim 4:1 NIV

Why would a believer of Christ abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits? 

One reason is that they don’t know the Word of God so it’s easy for them to be deceived. Some even think they ARE following God! 

If you don’t know something, it’s easy to be deceived.

When I was in my early twenties, my brakes were squeaking. I wanted to be grown up and take care of the problem myself.  So I took the car to a mechanic who swindled me out of a few hundred dollars. 

When I told my dad, he said I learned a very expensive lesson…I should have let him take a look at it first! He KNEW what should have been done to correctly fix the brakes, but in my ignorance and pride I thought I knew better and so I lost some cash. Lesson learned.

Our souls are far more precious than money and satan plays to win (tweet please). 

We must KNOW God!

We must KNOW His Word!

We must be PROACTIVE in fighting the deceptions from this world. The best way to do that is to get into the Word and let the Word get into you!

So what are you waiting for…start reading!

Don’t be an amateur Christian with handling the Word of God…be an expert, rightly dividing the Word of Truth (2 Tim 2:15)! 

People’s souls are at stake…maybe even your own! 

You better: “know, that you know, that you know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment