Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, June 3, 2013

Who I Am...



Something’s been on my heart lately… but I was hesitant to share it with you. After reading my friend, Lincoln Parks’ post last week, I felt compelled to get personal. 

When I read comments in my posts, I’m often stunned speechless.

 I’m humbled and in awe of your kindness. That you read my words is amazing, that you think it’s worth praising blows me away!

I want to thank you all for your encouragement and generosity of uplifting words. There are days it motivates me to keep blogging/writing. God knows we all need edification and I thank you for helping build me up.  You are a treasure!

But something troubles me. 

I feel I somehow give you a false perception of who I am.

I am not wise.

And I feel far from being a leader.

What I am is a growing Christian.

I struggle with:

Time management

Perfectionism

People pleasing

Depression

I’m guilty of:

Trading “good” things for “God” things because I get impatient and want to DO something

Comparing myself to others

Asking for God’s help yet not listening to His answers

Thinking my worth is based on performance

I’m scared of:

Sharing my insecurities with you

Failing… and sometimes of succeeding

Complete surrender to my Savior (yet I push forward anyway and continue to die to myself so that HE might be glorified)

There you go…

I’m human.

I hope you will forgive my imperfections and keep reading my blog.

I hope you won’t view me differently and start thinking my posts aren’t God inspired. 

I am HIS servant… and yours. 

All things good on this blog are from Him…anything less is me getting in His way.

I thank you for your friendships.

I hope you feel encouraged today as you realize we all are human and need His grace.

And yes, His grace really is enough! 

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 NIV

God bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment