Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

God Slapped Me!



God slapped me upside the head the other day.

Not saying I didn’t deserve it, I did. 

Just wasn’t expecting it. 

Thankfully, I’m getting used to hearing His voice, so I listened and boy I’m glad I did! 

Here’s how it happened.

I was in the shower muttering under my breath about all the problems of the day. Basically, I was complaining about anything and everything.

I was in the process of rinsing the shampoo when God spoke.

“Do everything without complaining or arguing” (Phil 2:14 NIV)

“Yeah, I know God. But…”

“No, Buts’.” 

I didn't listen. “It’s just that this is so unfair.”

“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” (Col 3:23 NIV)

Ouch! That really got me.

God wasn’t finished yet.

“Would you have felt this way if I would have told you to go the extra mile out of your way?”

“No.”

“Then don’t complain now.”

I was silent.

God had me…and He knew it.

Truth is like that. 

It speaks volumes and leaves silence while we try to comprehend it.

Truth shatters all our excuses, all our perceived injustices and all our complaints.

Truth prevails…if we listen.

I, for one, finished my shower and thanked God for quieting my storm. 

Inside, I had been letting rage build. Unfairness of a situation was eating at me and God knew it.

So He spoke into my storm.

I listened and my waves ceased. 

I got out of the shower full of peace.

The situation hadn’t changed, but my perception of it had.

This wasn’t about me.

It was about God working in me and through me.

When we are faithful with the little things, He will give us more.

But how can He do that if we’re stuck complaining about the extra mile we sometimes have to go? 

Simple, we can’t.

That’s why it’s so important to keep our eyes on Him and not our situations. 

He is what matters. 

My question for you:
Are you too busy complaining to hear God speak?

No comments:

Post a Comment