Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Prayer Requests


“I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go.”  Abraham Lincoln

I feel like Lincoln sometimes, so plagued with tough decisions that I know the only place to go is on my knees in prayer.  

As I look at the evil transpiring in the world, I feel God telling me to pray.  Pray for His will to be done, Pray for my family, Pray for my friends, Pray for my neighbors, Pray for my community, Pray for my nation and Pray for you. 

Prayer is so important yet it is often overlooked and undervalued.  Sometimes it can become routine and we don’t realize the awesomeness and power found in prayer. We pray over a meal, pray before bedtime and pray at church, but how many of us view prayer as a vehicle that can change not only our lives, but lives around us?  

I know I am guilty of letting my prayers become routine at time.  But I don’t want to do that any longer.  I want my prayers to transform me, my family, my loved ones and my nation.  I want to daily remember what the Bible says about prayer“…the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” James 5:16b NIV

Throughout history, many people have relied upon prayer to make a difference in their world and they have attributed prayer to changing their lives and the course of history.  

So today I ask that you pray for me.  Pray that God will guide me in what to post so that he is glorified and you are blessed.  Pray also that God’s will be done regarding my book being published.

In return I want to pray for you.  

Please feel free to post requests here.  Every Friday I will read through the comments and I will pray for each of you.  You can also leave encouraging messages for others and pray for them.  

“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.”  Ephesians 6:18 NIV

I want to leave you with one last thought:

“Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?” Corrie Ten Boom


No comments:

Post a Comment