Feels like I’ve been gone for a LONG time.
I’ve missed you all (and have been praying for you).
So much has happened in my life. God’s doing amazing things and this time away facilitated me slowing down and focusing on what God wanted to do in my family. To sum it up:
1. I’m still doing Physical Therapy for my arm/hand. It’s taking much longer to heal than originally planned. But I trust that this too is in God’s hands. It keeps me reliant upon Him to schedule my daily activities. Therefore, I am thankful that I was not healed in a few weeks.
2. We sold our house and are purchasing another one (so I’ll be busy the next few months with moving and remodeling). This is a huge blessing. We’ve wanted to move for over a year. When we finally found a house to buy the seller agreed to a contingency (meaning we had to sell our house first in order to buy hers). Her house had been on the market over 75 days. After praying, we put ours on the market and within 5 days we had 4 offers on our house! That was ALL God!!!
3. BIGGEST NEWS: God is blessing us with a new baby due in March! You may know we’ve struggled with the decision to add to our family. For a few years we’ve prayed about adopting but each time we got further in the process God would close the door. We didn’t understand why as we have hearts to care for those children. But God had a different plan. Even though I have health risks, God has chosen to use this weak vessel to bring another child into the world. My husband and I trust God to bring this child safely into our family. At the same time, our hearts are still open to adopting and we believe God will bring everything together in His time.
With all this going on I’ve decided there will be changes coming to Wisdom of a Fool:
1. For the time, I am suspending my Quarterly Newsletters. I hope to start them back up later this year. Since most of my political/current event posts are found in those, you may begin to see more of this type of writing on my blog, but I’m uncertain. It’s all in God’s hands.
2. I will only be posting on Mondays and will do my best to read your posts throughout the week but God has shown me that my MAIN priority is being a wife and mother. I am the ONLY wife my husband has and the ONLY mom my son has (and soon to be new baby). They get top billing of my time. They are my MAIN MINISTRY. Yes, family is a ministry. We must not neglect what is right in front of us with other really good things. We all have different seasons in our lives. But for me, having a toddler and a soon an infant means they need more Mommy time. Later I will have more time to devote to writing/blogging. This means I am not pursuing publishing my next book at the moment, nor am I pushing my other book sales. All are in God’s hands. And there is a time for everything under the sun. ‘Thank You’ to everyone who helped with my writing/publishing/marketing journey. The Precipice would not be out there if it weren’t for each of you.
3. While I will still be helping with book launches, I will be decreasing this activity. I’m sorry. Hopefully this too, like my Newsletter, will go back to “normal”. While away, I was privileged to be on two awesome book launches. The interviews will be coming soon! I can’t wait to share about these life changing/inspiring books. God is doing awesome things in the lives of His willing servants.
Finally I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who prayed for me while I was away. I really appreciate your support and concern.
Thanks also to those who contacted me (via twitter mentions, emails, phone calls, etc) to let me know you haven’t forgotten me. Your words of encouragement mean so much. I appreciate you all.
God’s awesome. I pray you grow in Him. I can’t wait to get back to blogging with you. Thank you for your patience while I was away.
My prayer for each of you is that, “… you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.” Eph 3:18 NLT
Now tell me, What's going on with you?