Welcome

Greetings,
I invite you to join discussions, it enhances the reading experience for everyone. Please share your thoughts, opinions and knowledge in a respectful manner. May we all learn something in our endeavor to educate our hearts and minds. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sincerely,
TC AVEY

Monday, October 14, 2013

Why Am I So Alone?



I could spend 8 weeks on Chapter 4 of “The Fire of Delayed Answers” by Bob Sorge. There’s so much here worth sharing. I HIGHLY suggest you read this book. 

Anyway, as I’ve prayed over what to share in 2 simple posts, I feel God urging me to give you hope in knowing you’re not alone.

Sometimes we can be surrounded by people, in the midsts of worship and service to God, and feel completely isolated.  Cut off emotionally and intellectually from those around us. Feeling utterly alone and we don’t understand the purpose. 

You may find yourself asking: 

Why do I feel so disconnected from other Christians?

Why does it seem as if no one understands?

Should I change churches?

Have I done something wrong?

Why is this happening?

Lord, aren’t I following your vision? Why does no one else understand what that vision is?

At times like these, it’s easy to identify with this, “There’s only one thing that’s lonelier than having no one with you, and that’s being in the company of folks with whom you can’t relate.” (pg 63).

David understood this all too well. During his years of hiding in caves, he was surrounded by followers who didn’t understand why he didn’t take matters into his own hands and kill Saul. After all, God had given him two opportunities. 

Jesus also knew what it was like to be surrounded by people and yet feel alone.  The night He was to be arrested, Jesus asked three of his closest friends to go with Him and pray in the Garden. Yet, He found them sleeping 3x’s!  (Matt 26:36-46

Why all the loneliness?

If we are part of the Body of Christ, and are supposed to edify each other, why are there times it feels as if God has separated us from the Body? 

Why does it seem as if we are outsiders looking in?

 Aren’t we all on the same team? 

Wouldn’t it be better if we had a friend to help to pray with us in the garden? 

“The loneliness and despondency are tools in God’s hands to break, mold, and fashion you according to His plans.” (pg 64) 

So take comfort- God has a plan for your loneliness!

He knows exactly what it takes to get your FULL attention. 

God knows you need HIM waaaay more than you need prayer partners or to feel validated. (please tweet)

God wants ALL of us- joy, success, tears, pain- EVERYTHING!

“Then the Lord brought this psalm of David’s to mind: “Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me…I sensed the Lord asking, “What’s within you? What do you have to give?” I said, “Lord, all I’ve got today is tears.” He said, “Then give me your tears.” (pg 63)

QUESTIONS

1.        Are you feeling alone, isolated from other Christians, misunderstood? Chances are, God designed this season for you. Seek Him. Only He can set you free.

2.       What do you have to give to God today? Whatever it is, give it.


Join the Book club discussing, “The Fire of Delayed Answers” by Bob Sorge, by either grabbing a copy of the book and joining the weekly discussions and/or leaving a comment below. You can read more about this chapter from: Jason, Sarah, Rick, Dusty, Keri, Glynn,  and Joell.






No comments:

Post a Comment