There’s something I’ve been following for awhile. To be honest it’s overwhelming to try and bring to you in one post. I plan on giving more information and resources in my 3rd Quarter (June) Newsletter.
But I feel I must at least bring your attention to this as it affects ALL Americans…it affects our future as well as our children.
Specifically CSCOPE (in Texas) and Common Core Standards (Nationwide).
These curriculums are even finding their way into Homeschooling programs.
So what are they?
That’s tricky to answer as this goes back years.
It’s part indoctrination of our youth and part data-mining information. The Blaze puts it this way in one article, “an aggregation system to mind personal data on children including information about their health, family income, religious affiliation and homework.”
Now some of you may be saying, “No big deal, the government already has tons of ways it tracks our habits/life styles/beliefs” but others may be saying “Nazi Germany!”
Both responses have some credibility.
I’m not here to tell you what to believe, only to enlighten you about what is transpiring in our educational systems.
In 2012 a mandate was established that released all information schools have collected on students since 2009 to Federal Agencies WITHOUT parental consent.
Did you know that? Why does the federal government need this information about our youth?
Now on to the actual curriculum…So what are they teaching our youth that is so shocking?
Tons of stuff, here’s a few highlights that have grabbed my attention:
1. TX lesson plan for 6th graders has them design a flag for a “new socialist nation”. This same program relates the Boston Tea Party to acts of terrorism.
2. While progress is being made in TX as parents are demanding changes, here’s what some teachers complained of regarding this curriculum: “expected to deliver the content verbatim and only on the scheduled days in the lesson plan. If some students were not grasping the lesson, the teachers were directed to move on to the next lesson. Uniformity and sticking to the calendar were stressed over actual learning. Teachers were also asked to sign a contract that would prevent them from revealing what was in the CSCOPE lessons or face civil and criminal penalties.” (Emphasis mine).
3. A home school parent discovered the curriculum he used to educate his children was linked to common core. It shocked him to find a video praising Communism and making Capitalism look bad. The video is called China Rises.
4. Fifth grade class in TX is being taught America was to blame for the 9/11 attack that took the lives of thousands of Americans.
5. Mixing religion and education (which many say is a “no, no”) appears to be okay in this case. The Church of Scientology has helped produce an educational film being shown to some students that is based on the 30 human rights declared by the United Nations in 1945. These include everyone has a right to a job, social security, housing, clothes, medicine, etc. This is being taught in classes MORE than the US Constitution. (8 weeks vs 3 weeks). Here is the 5th Grade teaching module on this.
6. Progressive thoughts being taught along with downplaying God in our history as well as “Students were even subject to a lesson framed around the idea that “Christianity was a cult,””
I know I’ve given you a lot of info and you probably don’t have time to read it all, but please, please, please become aware of what is being taught to YOUR child (or grandchild, nieces, nephews, etc).
Now you might be asking why this is being allowed to occur if parents and even some teachers are outraged over it. Here are two possible reasons:
1. Political Correctness has transformed history lessons. You may wonder why the Board of Education is allowing this to occur. David Barton explains “that CSCOPE is referred to as “instructional material” and not “curriculum,” therefore is not subject to regulation by the State Board of Education.”
2. Many teachers are against these program s and yet state after state is adopting variations of it. Why? “States that adopt common core can, according to Beck, receive waivers of the most demanding provisions in the No Child Left Behind Act.”
For additional information check out this list here or visit the Common Core website.There's also some freaky sci-FY stuff being proposed with the data mining.
You may have read all this, and even done research, and find you are okay with what is being taught and that’s okay. This is America, we are allowed to have our opinions, however, there are many who are NOT okay with some (or all) of this curriculum and that’s okay too. The point is that we must be educated and aware of what is shaping our kids lives as well as our own future. We can’t just trust and assume our kids are being educated in a certain way. We must take responsibility for our kids and what they are learning.
I know you’re busy, but don’t be too busy to value what your child is being taught. Educate yourself to make sure you agree with what your child is being exposed to.
Thanks for reading. Any additional information is welcomed to be shared here in a respectful manner.